Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Things That Make Me Snarf

Today is going to be a short day blog-wise. It's my son's first day of big boy school. So he is bouncing-off-the-walls excited; I'm buying stock in Kleenex. Seriously, people, contact your stockbrokers and get some, because you'll make millions today. It seems like yesterday that I was pregnant with him and he was using my ribs for chinups.

But before I head off to my mommy-ish duties, I have two things. The first is a birthday shout out to my critique partner, Ami. Good critique partners are one in a million and great ones are one in a trillion. And in a former life (like a few years ago), I was a statistician, so I can assure you that I arrived at these numbers using a very complex mathematical theory: I guessed. Anyway, Ami falls into that later category, and so she deserves a very happy birthday and a publishing contract. I can't offer her the later, but I can definitely do the former. So happy birthday, sunshine!

And, last but not least, I leave you with a video that makes me snarf. My favorite part is the sound that the pieces of whale make when they hit the ground. I mean, really, are people THAT dumb?

Don't answer that.

9 comments:

Cate Gardner said...

Ah, poor you. Just wait until he leaves home to go to college. Okay, now that's just me being evil. ;)

Tabitha said...

I was drinking my coffee as I watched the whale video, and nearly sprayed it all over my laptop. :)

My son is also starting his first big boy school, but not until next week. So buy stock in kleenex before next monday, cause it's going to spike again! :)

PJ Hoover said...

Happy first day of school for your son! Tissues are good :)

Adrienne said...

Ooh, I remember that first day of kindergarten so well. Don't worry, it gets easier!

As for the whale video, I'm speechless.

Carrie Harris said...

Oh, when I say snarf, I mean it, Tabitha. The first time I saw that video, Dr. Pepper came spewing out my nose. It was uncomfortably fizzy.

And thanks everyone for the well wishes. Except for Catherine, of course. (wink wink nudge nudge)

Angela Ackerman said...

Wow--it's raining whale!!

My son is in BIG big boy school--Junior high, that is. I got a little sniffly, I admit. It helps that my other guy is still in elementary.

Anonymous said...

So how'd he do at school?

My daughter's only three months old. Whenever I start to feel like each day is an endless parade of diapers, bottles, and nonsensical babbling, I remember that she'll be grown up way too soon and I'll be wishing for these days. Thanks for sharing!

Carrie Harris said...

He did well, Becca; thanks for asking. I was remarkably dry-eyed, but it was also a short day with no bus service. Today will be the full four hours, with bus, so I shall be sniffling away with the other mommies. :)

Tiny T said...

Wow..... The stupidity of the human race never ceases to amaze me.