Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Why Editing Is Good

This is why we edit, kids. Because otherwise people make fun of us.

You Make Me Touch Your Hands for Stupid Reasons

Warning that the above link has some PG-13-ish language. But it's so worth it. Laughed so hard I cried.

Anyway, you'll have to excuse me. I need to go edit all the unjustified hand touching out of my manuscript. This makes me think of one manuscript I critiqued way back in the day that was kind of romancey. The hero was constantly storking the heroine's hair. I spent the whole manny in stitches, imagining him looking lovingly into her eyes and throwing birds at her head.

Stroked, dude. Stroked.

13 comments:

Scillius Maximus said...

Oww.

Listening is painful.

Might be good for coercive interrogation though.

Stina said...

They actually wrote storking? That sounds painful. I can't imagine that relation last for very long. :)

PJ Hoover said...

Hey! Have fun with the editing!

Keri Mikulski said...

:) I can't seem to picture storking.. It wasn't mine, was it??? :) Naw.. Hugs.

~Jamie said...

You finished your blog entry with stroked today.

hehehehehehe

(Yeah, apparently I'm a thirteen year old boy...)

Andrea Cremer said...

Cannot stop laughing

Carrie Harris said...

I feel compelled to point out that this manny was not written by anyone who reads this blog. Unless you knew me about 10 years ago, in which case you may be the storker.

Hee. Still cracks me up.

Carolyn V. said...

LOL. Storking. Ouch! Good luck on the editing. =)

Unknown said...

Oh man, that letter was painful!

Happy edits.

Elana Johnson said...

Yes, editing is good for a variety of reasons. Will listen when I get home. :)

Kayeleen Hamblin said...

I needed some good humor in my day today. Thanks.

Sherrie Petersen said...

Just think about the number of hands that touch each manuscript -- major storking with every book -- and still we find mistakes :)

Claire Dawn said...

Ha ha! I've seen that already. I love how the reader can't even do it without laughing.

Was the MS a fantasy? Maybe in that world storking girls' heads is a perfectly acceptable thing to do.