Wednesday, March 10, 2010

WTF Wednesday - Now from the Edit Cave!

I'm not sure who came up with the whole Edit Cave thing. Because really, if I'm going to be galloping through edits, I'd much prefer the Edit Penthouse. Or the Edit Tour Bus. Or the Edit Spa. Heck, even the Edit Haunted House would be an improvement, and in the case of my book, it would be inspirational. It would be even better if it was one of those haunted houses where you get to shoot zombies with paintguns, and the zombies could wear things on their chests like "Chapter 1" and "that bleeping scene that won't cooperate."

I'm all about catharsis. Besides, I think the Writer's Block Haunted House would make a boatload. Which would allow me to afford the Edit Spa. And the world makes sense once again.

I've got a cold, and I'm one of those people who sounds like a MAN, BABY when I've got a cold.

Note the comma. I don't sound like a man-baby. Or a man baby. Just like, "It's time to eat, kids!" and "It's time to eat kids!" are two different things. Fun with commas. Good times.

Anyway, I sound like a guy right now. And I'm editing. How're you?

15 comments:

Sherrie Petersen said...

Writing, trying to spend all free moments writing. Does writing a comment count as writing?

Candyland said...

I always thought the MAN, BABY voice on a sicky is kind of sultry. Then again, I have a child's voice.

Feel better. Don't eat the kids.

storyqueen said...

I think I'd like an Edit Amusement Park..., or maybe just an Edit Couch, if it was comfy enough.

Edit Cave...well, it's drafty in there. Probably where you caught your cold, man-baby.

Shelley

Stina said...

Edit Spa works for me. Especially if that comes with a pedicure.

I'm editing, writing an outline, and critting classmates assignments. Oh, and I cleaned the Edit Spa's toilets yesterday. That must count for something. ;)

Scillius Maximus said...

Take two Dresden's and call me in the morning.

Tiny T said...

I would come work for you if you had an Edit Spa. :)

Natalie Whipple said...

The Editing Cave is your own fault—what with all the Batman references. Just sayin'.

Carolyn V. said...

Hey, I have a cold too! Actually a sinus infection. blah ;P

I hope you feel better and you can fix that scene! I know you can. =)

Tere Kirkland said...

I think I need an Edit Cabana, complete with Edit-Cabana-boy. Where's my mai-tai, dammit?!

Anonymous said...

Speaking of man babies... www(dot)manbabies(dot)com.
This will get you out of the edit cave and into someplace much more uncomfortable...and entertaining. :)

Anonymous said...

I'd edit Penthouse.

Also, I'm thinking a youtube video is needed, involving that pic of you as Hasselhoff (or is it the other way around?) singing "Looking for Freedom" in your MAN, BABY voice.

Mariah Irvin said...

That reminds me of the book "Eats, Shoots, and Leaves."

Feel better!

seeyouupside said...

I MISS JAMES! (sniff) How's he doing?

I'm writing, studying and sleeping. Ahhh, spring break.

PJ Hoover said...

Hope you feel better. I'm all about the edit cafe :)

Mary Witzl said...

I am not writing the chapter I should be writing. I've been not writing this chapter for a LONG time now. And I've been doing some serious submitting...and getting seriously rejected. Busy, busy, busy.