Tuesday, November 23, 2010

How to Say Thank You in Carrieland

I hate buying thank you gifts, don't you? I think my problem is that the choices range from generic to genericker. Flowers? Meh. Candy? Double meh. WHERE IS THE EXCITEMENT? WHERE IS THE EXPLODING CANNON OF AWESOME THAT SPEWS STREAMERS INTO THE AIR PRINTED WITH THE PHRASE, "THANK YOU! PLEASE COVER YOUR EYES TO PROTECT THEM FROM ACCIDENTAL INJURY!"?

The world needs that cannon. *I* need that cannon.

Or so I thought. But this week, I got two thank you gifts that will never be beaten from my pseudo nieces. (You know what I mean, right? I'm talking about those people who you call family but are fortunate enough not to share your genetics.) My pseudo nieces got me the COOLEST THANK YOU GIFTS EVER.

Because really, nothing says thank you like a big old packet of zombie blood.

Thank you for everything you do, and for... erg... graaagh... BRAAAINS!


And then? THEN I got the thing that left me speechless. Nothing says thank you like "I made you this zombie penguin at school and my teacher almost referred me for psychiatric counseling."

How do you spell thank you? Z-O-M-B-I-E-S-H-O-P-P-R-O-J-E-C-T-S!


That's right. Pinprick, my stuffed zombie penguin, now has a girlfriend. Zombie penguins in love...isn't it CUTE?

So thank you, pseudo nieces, for the awesomest thank you gifts EVER. Those are even better than the cannon. Srsly.

12 comments:

Amber said...

You're right. These things truly can't be beat. We all might as well throw up our "I surrender from giving thank you gift flags" now and go home. Which color flag is that again?

Kelly Polark said...

How sweet that they totally get you! I love that she made a zombie penguin!

Lisa Miles said...

Awesome gifts!

Unknown said...

You can't get much better than zombie penguins in love.

Lenny Lee said...

hi miss carrie! zombie penguin!! wow how cool is that. that blood looks pretty good for a snack. giving out the right thanks is pretty important. for sure they got inside you. have a zombierific day!
...smiles from lenny

Unknown said...

I love the biohazard Level 5 'Delicious Taste' warning on the blood bag--pure awesome!

Shannon O'Donnell said...

Wow! You're right, Carrie - those are too cool for words! :-)

Marsha Sigman said...

Now those are some awesome personalized gifts.
Gift cards, candy, and flowers are just so boring. What do I give you ask?

Gift cards
Candy
Flowers

I am disappointed in myself.

Jessica said...

OMG. I love your zombie penguins! I need to find a zombie giraffe...that would just blow my mind. :)

Abby Minard said...

SO cute! Love it!

CMiKzie said...

I'm gald to see someone so loving adopted one of my zombie penguins :)

=CMiKzie=
www.youlookdelicious.com

CMiKzie said...

I'm glad someone so loving adopted one of my zombie penguins. :)

=CMikzie=
www.youlookdelicious.com