Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Zombie Preparedness

Anybody watch The Living Dead on Halloween night? Of course I did, because it's practically a part of my job description. I loved the graphic novel, and I thought the show was very well done. And it got me thinking...

Of course I think about the zombocalypse a lot, because again--part of my job description. I really do have a zombocalypse plan. Of course, it's pretty much the same as all our other emergency plans, except that it involves more head shots. And the rules from Zombieland.



So if the zombies attack and you want to join my squad of survivors, come to Michigan and look for the chick pulling twins in a wagon and swinging at zombies with a katana. If you need further identification, I'll be repeatedly yelling, "Double tap!"

Do you have a zombie preparedness plan? If it involves running around and screaming, we need to talk.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't think there's enough bandwidth for me to post everything I want to post here.

Suffice it to say, plans have been discussed.

Now then, as to your katana comment....

And you don't need to double tap if you exercise proper shot placement :)

It's also very critical in any emergency situation, zombified or otherwise, to head to your local Walmart or other big box store. They will have an endless supply of whatever you need, and no one else will ever think to go there.

The store will NOT be unbelievably packed full of emotionally unstable, violent people who will trample you to get the last box of Corn Flakes. Anyone else you encounter there will be calm and display clear, mature thinking and decision making skills.

You should have absolutely no stockpiled food, potable water, first aid supplies, everyday toiletries, fuel, or any other useful items or products in your home ahead of time. Nor should you have any kind of savings account to offset unforeseen costs resulting from possible emergencies.

After an emergency is already happening is the best time to implement the "let's just go to Walmart" plan; again, nobody else will ever devise such an ingenious, bulletproof plan. Besides, nothing bad could ever happen to YOU(r readers), could it? That stuff happens to OTHER people.

Marsha Sigman said...

Zombieland is most definitely my fav zombie apocalypse movie. Although I do love me some Resident Evil.

If I go on the road searching for a zombie free utopia, I will stop by and visit you. Please do not hit me with a katana. I will be the one searching for hostess donuts, no twinkies.

But I do like anon's Wal-mart plan too.lol

Claire Dawn said...

Oh, a katana. Win and win!

Lacey J Edwards said...

I watched, and I have to say I was very upset about the horse. Other than that I loved it and I am totally hooked.
And since you said "Katana" I am going to tell you you have to read ROT & RUIN by Jonathan Maberry. Because Tom Imura is awesome and I love him.