Friday, May 6, 2011

Weekend Plans

Do you remember a few weeks ago when I was giving away a copy of THE LIPSTICK LAWS (and stuffing my bra)? Well, if you didn't win, pop over to the Class of 2k11 blog and comment there before noon EST to win a copy.

Otherwise, there's not a whole lot going on here. Soccer, mostly. We have some major soccerness going on here. And as you might imagine, I don't exactly fit in with the other soccer moms. Don't get me wrong; they're all very nice people. But they all hang out together and talk about dinner parties and sports, and I sit off in my corner, crocheting zombie football players and reading books meant for teenagers. I'm pretty sure they still don't know what to make of that.

Not complaining, though! I LIKE crocheting monsters and reading kids books.

Anyway, this Mother's Day, I will be on the soccer field at 7:30 in the morning instead of having breakfast in bed. What're you doing this weekend?

And Happy Mother's Day to all you mommies! Hope your weekend is full of crocheted monsters and kids books, or whatever it is that makes you happy!

4 comments:

Noelle said...

My weekend will be full. Saturday is National Scrapbook Day, so I'm having some people over to scrapbook for the afternoon. Sunday is my first official Mother's Day! (Remember, baby H's 1st birthday is the day your book comes out? She'll be expecting her signed copy...and a pony from my sister.) Anyways, since my sister is in NJ and my brother is in Jordan, I am the only child to spend Mother's Day with my own mom. So I conspired to get both D's & my parents together at a cookout at his parents' house. That way we spend time with both moms, and I can give them their Mother's Day scrapbooks, filled with pictures of baby H. (Not like I'm a proud mom or anything.)

SlayerOfBees said...

I could always have the kids get up and make you breakfast in bed before I leave for rounds. Something tells me you'd rather have the extra 5 minutes of sleep, though. ;)

Marsha Sigman said...

We live at the nearby waterpark every weekend once April hits. We must stay wet in order to survive Houston summers. So I imagine on Mother's Day that is where I will be...chasing kids and sucking in my stomach to try and look skinnier...damn bathing suits.

Happy Mother's Day!

Stasia said...

Yeah, I'm kind of the odd-mom-out at lacrosse games, too. I don't have season tix to the local pro team, don't collect wine (though I drink it!) and always have a YA novel in my purse. Not apologizing! For mother's day, making my sons come clothes shopping with SMILES on their faces. Hope you have a good one despite the soccer :)